Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thing 7. Pinterest and Bitly

I have had a Pinterest account for a few years now.  I enjoy it for browsing pictures in a thematic manner.  I use it both personaly and professionally.  Personally for my interests in weaving, knitting and other art topics.

I don't use it as often professionally, but it is good for gathering furniture ideas, as well as teen and children's craft ideas for programming.

Bitly sounds like an interesting app, but I have to say that I feel like I've been there, done that, with that sort of web-based storing of bookmarks.  When de.li.ci.ous was alive, I had a huge collection of bookmarks that I posted on my library's website.  I was left empty handed when they closed it down, so I don't feel like I care to start up another collection like that again.  I'm not sure it's worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment